We published the GAWB 2010 final report in June 2010.
- Our recommendations on pricing practices for 2010–15 were accepted without qualification by the Ministers.
- Our recommendation that GAWB determine price transitioning arrangements with its customers was also accepted by the Ministers.
- Our advice that GAWB and the Gladstone Regional Council (GRC) had reached agreement on an appropriate transitioning arrangement was noted by the Ministers.
We published our draft report in April 2010 following extensive consultation with stakeholders and after reviewing all submissions, including GAWB’s pricing proposals.
GAWB detailed its pricing proposals in stages:
- Submission 1 – commercial framework and pricing principles
- Submission 2 – demand forecasts, regulated asset base and appropriate expenditure
- Submission 3 – pricing model.
Submission 1, previously provided by GAWB, was released for stakeholder comment in September 2009.
The Premier and the Treasurer directed the QCA to investigate the pricing practices of the Gladstone Area Water Board (GAWB) for the regulatory period 2010–15.
It was QCA’s third review of GAWB’s pricing practices, with the first review covering the period until 30 June 2005 and the second review covering the period until 30 June 2010.
The QCA’s reviews of GAWB aim to ensure that:
- GAWB does not take advantage of its monopoly position
- pricing practices are consistent with economic efficiency and revenue adequacy
- pricing practices take account of the public interest.
Report and papers
|15 July 2010||Final report||Investigation of Pricing Practices||pdf, 1.17 Mb|
|15 April 2010||Draft report||Pricing Practices Investigation||pdf, 855.50 Kb|
|15 September 2009||Submission||Submission 1 – Commercial Framework and Pricing Principles||pdf, 2.06 Mb|
|15 December 2009||Submission||Submission 2 – Expenditure Proposals||pdf, 1.70 Mb|
|15 February 2010||Submission||Submission re Response to Stakeholder Submissions||pdf, 1.89 Mb|
|14 May 2010||Submission||Submission re Response to Stakeholder Submissions – 1||pdf, 746.47 Kb|
|16 November 2009||Submission||NRG||pdf, 1.28 Mb|
|16 November 2009||Submission||QER||pdf, 158.87 Kb|
|16 November 2009||Submission||CPM||pdf, 1.45 Mb|
|16 November 2009||Submission||QAL||pdf, 244.62 Kb|
|16 November 2009||Submission||CSE||pdf, 16.93 Kb|
|16 November 2009||Submission||Gladstone Regional Council||pdf, 147.50 Kb|
|16 November 2009||Submission||RTA||pdf, 1.27 Mb|
|16 November 2009||Submission||DERM||pdf, 36.06 Kb|
|15 February 2010||Submission||CRM||pdf, 1.08 Mb|
|15 February 2010||Submission||QAL||pdf, 1015.71 Kb|
|15 February 2010||Submission||GRC||pdf, 12.63 Kb|
|15 February 2010||Submission||NRG||pdf, 280.09 Kb|
|15 February 2010||Submission||CSE||pdf, 20.17 Kb|
|15 February 2010||Submission||RTA||pdf, 2.57 Mb|